Start Date: asap
This experienced contractor, well established for over fifty years, is looking for a Trainee Construction Project Manager to support their growing team and projects.
The company have worked across different Commercial projects with a focus on External Restoration as well as Construction and Fit Out.
Their services provide a range of project sizes from small to large.
The Trainee Construction Project Manager that’s hired will have the opportunity to work and have career progression through their different sectors.
Qualification / Cards:
- Strong academic background with good grades in Maths and English.
- Willing to enrol and complete a construction-based degree from September 2023.
- Minimum age 18 with A level or equivalent qualifications.
- A Driving licence is preferred.
- Ability to listen and learn and complete set tasks to a very high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Composed and strong mindset, with an ability to work hard in a busy and intense environment.
- The ability to work independently in a small team, contributing and adding value, researching, and learning on their own. Completing simple tasks to a high standard.
- Construction and relevant experience preferred.
Through training, the successful applicant will quickly develop the ability to carry out the following key tasks and responsibilities:
- Estimating construction tenders
- Procuring sub-contractor packages
- Purchasing or hiring building equipment and materials
- Completing construction programmes
- Completion of project interim valuation and final accounts
- Creating work schedules so projects are completed before deadlines
- Overseeing building projects to ensure staff are working safely, productively and to a high standard
- Monitoring construction budget to minimise overspending
- Providing progress reports to clients via phone, email and meetings in person.