Start Date: Asap
Salary: Up to £60k
This major contractor is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to take over the commercial aspect of the current social housing refurbishment contract.
Raising orders to sub-contractors, recording instructions, providing costs and scheduling the application for submission to the client for approval, reconciling material and labour costs for each job and producing financial reports to the directors.
They specialise in a variety of sectors such as Domestic Refurbishment, Commercial Fit out’s and major external works. You will be an ideal candidate if you live locally and are wanting to take on a new challenge.
Qualification / Cards:
- Degree qualified in a Quantity Surveying subject (or equivalent)
- Proven skills and experience of delivering with a Main Contractor
- Preferred experience but not necessary in using electronic measurement systems
- Experienced in using NHF Schedule of rates
- Ability to prioritise and able to work under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Effective time management
- Customer focus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the construction sector
- Support and advise the project manager in respect of fulfilment of all contractual obligations
- Monitor and process any commercial queries
- Attend progress meetings to respond to commercial matters raised
- Attend internal management meetings to input for reporting processes
- Submit applications and check assessments and comment back accordingly
- Clarify any queries with contractor and agree with project managers
- In conjunction with the project manager provide ongoing assessment of contractor’s estimated completion
- Provide regular detailed financial reports on the accounts you are overseeing
- Receive and check contractor’s final account, negotiate any amendments and reach a final figure and recommend for acceptance or rejection to be approved by the Directors
- Making sure we comply contractually and advise as necessary
- Preparation of monthly management reports and projections
- Assess applications for payment in line with the contract terms
- To always act professionally and promote the company’s best practices
For more information or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Andrew Coulson at 01256 817878 or email ACoulson@roberthurstltd.co.uk or complete the application form below.
|Salary/Rates||Up to £60k|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Coulson|