Start Date: ASAP
Our client is looking to hire a full time permanent Mobile Mechanical Engineer. The position is within in the Sutton, Surrey area.
The company has been running since 2003 providing Technical M&E service support to the Commercial Building Maintenance sector. We run a small team of highly skilled mobile engineers covering London, Greater London and South of England.
The role is to provide a variety of general maintenance and reactive services and corrective works on buildings, plant and site
Skills and experience:
Essential that you have experience working within plant rooms and have excellent communication skills. Full current driving licence with no more than 3 points.
The successful candidate should ideally possess the following:
- A sound knowledge of mechanical engineering and the ability to carry out planned and un-planned safety inspection and maintenance work on mechanical plant and associated equipment in accordance with FSG20 and the like.
- To have completed a recognised apprenticeship or hold a recognised qualification e.g. City & Guild, BTEC, NVQ level 3 in a mechanical engineering discipline as a minimum qualification.
- Experience of selecting and installing a wide range of pipework types and systems.
- The ability to read and understand schematic drawings in order to carry out effective fault finding and diagnostics.
- Experience of working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Electrical principals appropriate to actuation of mechanical systems and plant.
- Experience of working with pumps (DOL and inverter driven) and capable of undertaking fault finding / repairs when necessary.
- Experience of Health & Safety procedures relevant to engineering activities and the safe handling of heavy equipment.
- Willing and able to work in a varied, multi-skilled role, assisting other trades as and when required.
- Experience of PPM systems of work.
- Produce details of time and materials required for any minor works for quoting purposes.
- Ability to provide job updates and reports in a timely fashion, including all necessary technical detail needed to enable correct remedial works when required.
- 40 Hours Per week
- Over Time available (but not guaranteed)
- 28 days Holiday including Bank Holidays
- Company Van and fuel card
- Work Wear
- Private Medical
- Company Phone
- Training The successful candidate will be required to pass Home Office Security Vetting (SC). We are looking for a highly technical and motivated engineer to join our team who will be willing and able in assisting JT Mechanical Services Ltd to progress our aspirations in the commercial market.
Qualification / Cards:
- ECS card or CSCS card
- Electrical Experience
For more information or to apply for this vacancy, contact Daniel Davey at 01256 817878, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the application form below.