Start Date: Asap
Salary: £45k – £55k DOE
HVAC Design Engineer – Portsmouth
My client is looking for an HVAC Design Engineer to join their team.
They’re a well-established HVAC, AC and Refrigeration company based in the Hampshire area.
You will be responsible for designing HVAC systems for commercial, industrial and residential buildings – both new and retrofit.
The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, liaising with customers, consultants and suppliers, ensuring that all designs and costs are updated to reflect the latest changes and issued to all relevant stakeholders.
Communication and attention to detail are critical, as any discrepancy can have a major knock-on effect in project delivery and margin.
There will be a lot of opportunity for growth within this role as we expand the business into other related areas.
- Collaborate with clients and project teams to understand project requirements and objectives.
- Interpreting and understanding customer drawings and specifications.
- Conduct heat load calculations, energy modelling, and system simulations.
- Design and develop HVAC systems, including equipment selection, ductwork design, and pipe sizing.
- Prepare detailed engineering drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Conduct site visits and inspections.
- Liaison with suppliers & manufacturers to obtain selections & quotations.
- Identify the best supplier based on a blend of value, experience and time.
- Liaise with our Project & Engineering Director to ensure projects are brought in on time and on budget.
- Support the production of O&M manuals when required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in a HVAC/ductwork design position.
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma or HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or related field
- HVAC system design, including experience with design software (e.g., AutoCAD, Revit, or equivalent).
- Strong understanding of HVAC, mechanical/ductwork systems with experience of basic calculations and compiling commercial proposals.
- Knowledge of air source heat pumps desirable.
- Must have a good understanding of all applicable regulations.
- Must have good MS Office suite skills.
- Must have own transport.
- £45k – £55k DOE
- 20 days paid annual leave plus 8 Public/Bank Holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Company mobile phone
- Auto-enrolment into a contributory pension scheme
|Salary||£45k - £55k DOE|