Start Date: asap
Salary: Up to £65k DOE
For over 25 years our clients have successfully been restoring London’s most historic and prestigious buildings. The impressive client base is a testament to the ability to consistently deliver a high-quality service to prestigious buildings and landmarks.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience as a Finance Manager or Controller in a small to medium-sized business – T/O c. £13m with 28 employees and c.45No. CIS suppliers
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others and deal with clients and other stakeholders politely and effectively
- Comfort using Sage Line 50 (or a similar accounting system), Job Costing and Payroll
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and Word
- Comfortable working in a busy environment
- Carry out tasks in a timely, professional and accurate manner.
- Assist to plan, oversee, and direct the construction projects from conception to completion, including organising the schedule of work, costings, and budget
- Assisting the Construction Manager to manage the construction site on a day-to-day basis. This includes and is not limited to supervising the labour force, monitoring sub-contractors, checking materials, inspecting work, and overseeing quality control to ensure the project is delivered on time and on a budget. Setting benchmarks with agreed budgets and monitoring progress
Key responsibilities will include:
- Accurate weekly payroll and payment to sub-contractors including inputting new employees. Check the CIS status’ and verify the same with HMRC
- Preparation of Payroll Records and submission to the revenue
- Record and monitor sickness (absences and payments) and holiday allowances
- P11d reporting
- Staff expenses, mobile phones and credit cards
- Inputting of invoices
- Accurate and timely supplier payments (subject to appropriate sign-off)
- Credit Control
- Preparation of accurate financial information for Accountants to oversee and sign off accounts
- Preparation of financial information for external auditors
- Monitoring cash flow
- Bookkeeping, Prepayments and accruals
- Reporting management figures (profit & loss/balance sheet/variance to budget)
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
- Bank reconciliations and transfers
- Preparation of tax returns e.g. VAT
- Dealing with miscellaneous enquiries from clients, banks, HMRC, Insurance etc
- Any other duties as required by management.
For more information or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Andrew Coulson at 01256 817878 or email ACoulson@roberthurstltd.co.uk or complete the application form below.
|Salary||Up to £65k DOE|