Start Date: asap
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join their Group Bid Team based at our Head Office near Chingford.
You will be expected to demonstrate experience in estimating services covering large-scale long-term frameworks and projects for Electrical and Gas servicing and repairs, planned maintenance, responsive and void repairs contracts and renewable energy installations within the social housing/local authority sector.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and submission of the commercial element of tenders using, for example, various schedules of rates that are utilised by the public sector or more traditional pricing methods
- Track tender opportunities and ensure the right technical and commercial offer is brought together into a winning proposal within often tight deadlines.
- In conjunction with Group Bid Manager, completion of tender documentation. Preparation of budgets, cost plans, analytical cost estimates, including preliminaries, bills of quantities and value engineering options.
- Ensure competitive bids, including risk and value management during the tender period and visit site to identify site-specific risks.
- Appraisal of tender documents and preparation of material and sub-contract enquiries, including selection of prospective sub-contractors. Adjudication and comparison of sub-contractor quotations.
- Attending strategy/opportunity meetings with relevant stakeholders (internal & external).
- Initiate technical queries and ensure design is sufficiently developed to ensure accurate costings
- Preparation of Contractors’ Proposals with Business Development and Design Teams.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all Stakeholders: Customers, Consultants, Supply Chain and Colleagues.
You will have experience in:
- All forms of contract including traditional, partnering, and Local Authority style frameworks
- NHF and NSR Schedule of Rates
- Experience of using estimating software (desirable)
- Full UK Driving licence
- Negotiable salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Annual pay review linked to our Appraisal cycle
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Share Incentive Plan
- Cycle to Work Green Bike Scheme
- CPD and sponsorship through professional qualifications
We are particularly keen to hear from people who share our Company’s values, being committed to making a real difference to the lives of the people whose homes we repair and maintain. Our Company Values include emphasis on teamwork, honesty and integrity in all that we do. We are an equal opportunities employer; we celebrate diversity and inclusion across our workforce and welcome applications from all. We are Disability Confident Committed.
If you like the idea of joining a long-established, successful and reputable company, and becoming part of a successful and growing Group offering genuine career opportunities, then please get in touch or apply to join our team.