Start Date: asap
Salary: Up to £60k
An experienced contractor based in Wales & the Midlands is looking for an Estimator with experience to support their growing team and projects.
This well-known contractor has been delivering successful projects for over 20 years and works across Wales & the Midlands. Their team is bringing decades of experience to working in all their specialised sectors.
Their services provide a range of various project sizes from small to large.
The Estimator they hire will have the opportunity to work and have career progression through their different sectors.
Qualification / Cards:
- Must have previous construction experience
- Bonus if you live locally so travel doesn’t become an issue
- Have experience working for a contractor.
- Assist in the planning, overseeing, and directing the construction projects from conception to completion, including organising the schedule of work, costings, and budget
- Assisting the Construction Manager in managing the construction site on a day-to-day basis. This includes and is not limited to supervising the labour force, monitoring sub-contractors, checking materials, inspecting work, and overseeing quality control to ensure the project is delivered on time and on a budget by setting the benchmarks, and agreeing budgets and monitoring progress
- Review the work progress daily and report regularly
- Prepare external and internal
- Managing the estimating process
- Managing Client enquiries
- Making initial contact with Clients
- Analysis of tender documentation, including drawings and technical documents, to prepare estimates. Preparation of subcontract & suppliers’ packages, including take-offs
- Consulting with subcontractors and suppliers to discuss estimates and resolve issues and enquiries
- Communicating with potential customers, colleagues, and suppliers to arrange site visits
- Travelling to job sites to gather information on materials needed, labour requirements, and other factors
- Identifying and quantifying cost factors, such as production time and raw material, equipment, and labour expenses
- Collaborating with engineers, architects, owners, and contractors on estimates
- Analyse quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure pricing requirements are fulfilled
- Recommending ways to make a product more cost-effective or profitable
- Submission of tenders
- Handing over successful projects to the construction team clearly and concisely.
For more information or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Andrew Coulson at 01256 817878 or email ACoulson@roberthurstltd.co.uk or complete the application form below.
|Salary||Up to £60k|