Start Date: asap
Salary: Up to £50k
This contractor is looking to employ a permanent Cost Engineer to help work across all their major projects.
The company have been working for over 45 years and the team has decades of experience working in all their specialised sectors.
Their services include a range of various project sizes, from small to large.
The successful Cost Engineer candidate they hire will have the opportunity to work and have career progression through their different sectors.
With more than 40 years of experience, their highly qualified team can handle all aspects of each project, from the refurbishment of smaller premises to the complete transformation of multi-floor complexes.
They currently work on a variety of projects and continuously provide the best services when it comes to finishing projects on time and to the highest standards.
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to get vital experience working on-site, with the right people to help in progressing your career.
Qualification / Cards:
- Estimating experience/Qualification within the commercial refurbishment environment
- Strong organisational & interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working within a small yet fast-paced business in a stand-alone role
- Flexible and pragmatic in approach
- Strong IT Skills
- Assist in the planning, overseeing, and the direct construction projects from conception to completion, including organising the schedule of work, costings, and budget
- Assisting the Construction Manager with managing the construction site on a day-to-day basis. This includes and is not limited to supervising the labour force, monitoring sub-contractors, checking materials, inspecting work, and overseeing quality control to ensure the project is delivered on time by setting benchmarks, agreeing budgets and monitoring progress
- Review the work progress daily and report regularly
- Prepare external and internal • Managing the estimating process
- Managing Client enquiries
- Making initial contact with Clients
- Review documentation to understand who from our supply chain needs to attend the site survey
- Attending site surveys, measuring, photographing
- Making a set of bills using the Procore template
- Send enquiries to the supply chain to obtain quotations
- Review documentation to ensure all Client requests are met – programme, CVs, insurances etc
- Submit tender documentation in full
- Attend Tender interview if requested
- Answer post-tender queries
- Attend site meetings and report on finance position
- Manage change process/ variations
- Provide a draft final account from day one of the project so that there are no surprises
- Submit monthly valuations as required
- Update the data above, using Procore
- Build relationships with Clients and expand on existing ones, grow new ones
- You will be the ideal Cost Engineer for the role if you live locally, are looking for a new challenge and have relevant experience.
For more information or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Andrew Coulson:
Tel – 01256 817878
Email – ACoulson@roberthurstltd.co.uk
or complete the application form below.
|Salary||Up to £50k|