Our client is looking for a Contracts Manager, 40 hour work week, Monday to Friday.
Base Office: Erith Office but travel to Head Office and other offices as required will feature.
Management responsibility for: Operational and Commercial Supervisors / Site Managers / Contract Administrators, Direct Labour Operatives (DLO) and Sub Contractors as assigned to your Contracts.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE/ROLE OVERVIEW:
Simultaneous control of individual or term contracts ensuring the allocated contracts are delivered on time, within budget and safely in line with Company procedures and objectives and to the Clients’ requirements. Achievement of Contract KPI’s, recruitment of sufficient resources (internal and external) to fulfil contract requirements in a timely and professional manner.
You will be the first point of contact for Clients, Customers and Supervisors for the entire duration of the contract, including defect and warranty periods. Quality Control and Health and Safety management is a top priority in this role, ensuring all Supervisors and resources under your direct control adhere to all Company and legislative requirements, whilst effectively managing the Client expectations.
You will need to understand all aspects of the contract, contracting process/requirements and have a good technical knowledge. You will need to establish strong working relationships with a wide range of people across all disciplines and at all levels and be able to use your own initiative to make delegated decisions in line with your responsibilities.
The position will also include negotiating sub-contract/supplier orders and monitoring supervisor performance, along with identifying areas for improvement in the Contract Management process.
SPECIFIC DUTIES/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Control all aspects of business operations within your Contract(s), and Health & Safety management to deliver Company objectives in line with contractual requirements.
- Develop and ensure all workstreams are monitored and progressed to time, quality, specification and budget in accordance with the Company/Client targets and K.P.I’s.
- Ensure all relevant RAMS are in place prior to works for both direct & sub contract works.
- Ensure appropriate H&S measures, requirements, communication and compliance are in place at all times.
- Attend monthly operational performance management meetings with Division Heads / Directors.
- Set up regular performance related meetings with your Supervisors.
- Procure the necessary labour and materials in line with contractual requirements.
- Ensure all sub-contractors/suppliers are approved and have adequate certification, qualifications and insurance before placing orders.
- Ensure the correct use of, direct labour, agency staff, sub-contractors, materials and plant in accordance with legal/statutory requirements.
- Ensure that the presentation of direct labour, sub-contractors, etc. is at all times monitored to and enforced by the Supervisory team in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure Contract Admin / Supervisors are recording all works on Accuserv prior to starting works to ensure timely info is available at all times.
- Ensure all works are carried out in accordance with best practice and in line with company policies/procedures.
- Maintain, prepare and communicate, monthly performance reports in line with contractual and company requirements.
- Develop agreed processes with Clients to undertake and complete defects during the defects/warranty period.
- Check sub-contractor and wholesaler payment certificates in line with Company terms and Conditions and ensure subcontract final account statements are received prior to their final payment being release.
- Ensure that no work packages operate at a loss.
- Provide monthly/weekly reports to Company Director on all financial and operational issues, analysing and reporting on deficiencies as appropriate.
- Maintain good Client and supply chain relationships, fully investigate complaints and log in line with company complaints procedure and escalate as appropriate in a timely manner. Provide monthly reports and communicate complaints received log to Client management team or nominated representative and line Manager, along with any action taken.
- Maximise and liaise with Bid teams and Directors for future work opportunities
- You will be measured on Key Performance Indicators to ensure your role is being carried
out to the company’s expected standards. These include the following but may be subject to change:
• Operational Supervisor’s productivity of engineers.
• Ability to generate new Works.
• Contract Profitability.
- Understand the various types of Contracts that you will be adhering to, for e.g. NHF, JCT, MTC etc.
Strong and effective people Management skills, for both direct employees and Agency/Sub Contractor labour.
Managing Local Authority / Social Housing Contracts
Financial acumen/ management – able to bring Contracts in on time and within budgets.
Skills / Knowledge:
Must be fully competent in the following and other company specific applications
• E-mail (Outlook)
Must be able to communicate professionally at all levels
Professional, highly motivated and self- driven.
Good negotiation skills.
The ability to work quickly, flexibly, effectively and positively in response to requests made at short notice.
Self-driven, results orientated with a positive outlook, clear focus on customer satisfaction.
Pro-active, ability to work under own initiative without close direction.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Willingness to adapt throughout change process.
Clear focus on high quality service to Clients.
Trade relevant certificates
Full UK Driving licence
If you’re interested please call Zac Taylor on 07852 698244 / firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.
The information contained in this Job Specification outlines the main purpose of the role in general terms only and is not intended to be prescriptive. You will be required to carry out such other duties as directed by your Manager to meet business demands.
This job specification is not contractual, and the Company reserves the right to amend the tasks and responsibilities to better suit business demands. This document will be reviewed regularly and at least annually as part of the job holder’s appraisal process.
A job description is generic and may be issued to more than 1 individual. Additional KPI’s and SMART objectives may feature in addition to the generic, standard responsibilities/tasks which will be discussed, agreed and documented as part of your individual Performance Appraisal.
|Contact Name:||Zac Taylor|