Start Date: asap
Salary: up to £60,000 + bens.
To take active control of the Building Services function. To manage an efficient and reliable plant suitable for the 24/7 production of our clients newspaper products.
The organisation and implementation of all statutory, planned maintenance and ad-hoc maintenance tasks necessary to ensure the smooth running of the plant. To closely manage all contractors and always ensure compliance with Health and Safety practices.
To monitor and report on utilities consumption, providing information to senior management. To develop capital investment strategies to maintain equipment performance and maximise cost efficiencies. To work with the security provider to always ensure a premium level of site security at all times.
Qualification / Cards:
- HND/HNC Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Building Services Engineering.
- To closely manage all daily building and service-related activities at the Thurrock site showing a ‘hands-on’ approach.
- To plan and implement all building maintenance routines and ensure they are completed to recommended schedules.
- To plan and monitor Building Services related spend against previously agreed budgets, reporting performance to senior management team.
- To develop and the implementation of capital expenditure strategies to ensure continuing plant efficiency combined with cost efficient solutions.
- To manage ad-hoc building related repairs and maintenance as required using in house or contract staff as necessary for cost effectiveness.
- To ensure that Health & Safety policies and procedures including the work permit system are communicated, promoted, and adhered to at all times throughout the site.
- To ensure all contract labour adhere to site H&S policy and perform all work to the highest possible safety standards.
- To manage the Building Services team utilising a mixture of in-house and external labour in the most productive manner.
- To manage statutory weekly testing including fire alarms, sprinklers, emergency lighting and domestic water systems to ensure compliance with regulations.
- To complete general housekeeping tasks to ensure the site is always kept clean and orderly.
- To ensure compliance with environmental and corporate waste management policy including correct segregation of waste streams.
- To always ensure a premium level of site security.
- To manage various other aspects of the plant operations as and when reasonably requested to do so by senior site management.
- To undertake a project Management role for building developments and improvements.
Skills and attributes:
- HND/HNC level qualified in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Strong background in electrical and mechanical facilities maintenance management with IT skills.
- Proven leadership and management experience.
- Experience managing the health and safety of contractors and staff in an industrial environment.
- Self-motivated and able to think independently in a high-pressure production environment.
- Strong project management experience including budgetary control.
- Ability to operate successfully within a senior management team.
Demonstrate experience and knowledge of, but not limited to, the following areas of Building Services Engineering:
- Sprinkler systems, fire detection and control
- BMS and CMMS systems
- HV generation and distribution, LV distribution in an industrial environment
- Heating and ventilation inc AHU’s and chillers
- Water treatment and L8 risk assessments
- Health and safety legislation, inc working at height
- Waste management
- Lifts and access equipment
- Compressors and compressed air distribution
- EV charging
|Salary||Up to £60,000 + bens|