Start Date: Immediate
Salary: Dependant on experience
Due to exponential growth, our client has a rewarding performance-focused career opportunity for a Bid Writer to join their Business Development team.
The role is a full-time Hybrid role to support our Business Development team based from our London Liverpool St. project office.
Our client is a high-energy, talent-driven organisation, started with the intention to give people who didn’t want to be held back by preconceived ideas the chance to prove that they could do extraordinary things and that their glass ceiling in work and life could be broken…
This role is for an experienced bid writer who is looking to progress and work in a company that supports ambitious people to achieve great outcomes.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic person, someone who wants to prove they can do outstanding work, finding a better way to do what we do, yet keen to learn and has a willingness to help and have fun as part of the team.
Main Purposes of the Role:
To help secure new business through frameworks and tenders by producing exceptionally written bid submissions.
Assist in developing off bids to improve written content through company processes and initiatives.
Be passionate and committed to excellence; proactively share knowledge; drive continuous improvement and seek out innovation.
The key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Produce exceptional written submissions for bids using clear English and compelling arguments to express competitive advantage and address clients’ questions effectively.
- Lead the bid process, ensuring all relevant parties are kept fully informed of their requirements and progress. This includes planning and advising on the bid activities and resources available for the pipeline of work.
- Ensuring the written content and timely submission of PQQs/SQ/DPS and ITTs
- Take a proactive role in sales and pre-tender meetings with the Bid Team and other key personnel from across the business.
- Review daily contract notices from trackers and portals against the regional preferences and capabilities of the operational offices.
- Logging new opportunities and creating decision Scoping sheets for Go/No Go process.
- Gathering debrief information on bid performance post-contract award/loss.
- Ensuring incoming clarifications are logged and circulated in a timely manner.
- Sending clarifications/queries to clients in line with tender rules and logging correctly.
- Respond to clients with Bid/No Bid decisions.
- Monitoring shared email inbox and ensuring opportunities are sent on and logged as required.
- Desktop research into prospective customers to support writing a compelling bid.
- Key involvement in the post-contract award/loss stage to obtain a full evaluation of bid successes and lessons learnt.
- Assist in maintaining historical and live bid library.
Health and Safety:
All employees have a responsibility to ensure that the workplace is safe for everyone by taking reasonable care not to do anything that might endanger themselves or others, either through their actions or lack of action, and to never act in a way that causes themselves or the company to be in breach of the law.
All employees are expected to consider and take account of the potential hazards and risks in everything they do whilst they are at work.
Competencies and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a bid writing role
- Degree-level qualification in relevant discipline
- To be an eloquent writer able to articulate responses clearly and concisely
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong team ethos, self-starting and enthusiastic
- A clear and creative writing style
- Experienced with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask whilst maintaining an eye for detail
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting bidding deadlines
- Ability to develop relationships and communicate at all levels within the business
- Basic Salary £40,000
- New Business Individual & Team Bonus (Up to 50% of Base)
- Uncapped Performance Bonus in addition to the above.
- Unlimited Holiday Provision
- Flexible Hours and work location arrangements
- A Laptop & Phone are Provided
- Free Lunch, including breakfast & evening meal when working extended hours.
- Extended Career Opportunities
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Flexible company vehicle choice or car allowance offset against bonus if required