We are seeking an Engineering Quality Manager to work within the Inspection Department and alongside the Management team in all aspects of Quality Engineering and Inspection.
This role will best suited to someone who is experienced, confident, has an efficient manner and able to report directly to the company’s Operation’s Director.
The candidate must have had previous experience in a Managerial Engineering environment and be familiar with Quality Management Systems.
·The successful candidate will ideally be educated HND or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
·Must have had previous experience of Quality Assurance in an Engineering and/or Production environment.
·Be familiar with Quality Planning and auditing processes and have knowledge of common Quality Control and Quality Assurance tools and techniques.
·Able to communicate confidently, clearly and effectively within all levels of the business
- Manage the Inspection and Quality Control team, and maintain a hands-on presence to ensure adherence to planning and process
- Lead daily meeting within the Inspection and Quality Control department to review daily targets and allocating resources as appropriate
- Monitoring, implementing and evaluating internal production processes
- Provide Quality Department engineering support at NPI meetings
- Working with Production engineering to develop Control Plans, and documentation for use in the manufacturing and inspection of product
- Working with Operations Department to ensure Engineering Change requirements are successfully implemented through the business
- Understanding customer’s quality expectations or needs
- Assist in developing Quality Control procedures and processes
- Providing QA support and oversight to all aspects of Company’s System and operational Procedures
- Monitor, evaluating and controlling Non-conformance and product recalls, investigate Root causes and provide appropriate corrective/preventative actions
- Lead regular meetings relating to internal NCRs
- Liaising with customers on quality issues and providing a formal resolution
- Assist the Compliance Manager with supplier liaison on quality issues when necessary
- Attend customer meetings (remote and on-site as appropriate)
- Assist the production department managers with the investigation of quality issues
- Performing product release reviews
- Conduct, report and follow-up on internal process audits
- Sign off and release Certificate of Conformity and any other release documentation as required
- Produce FAIR report(s) and Control Plan(s) to customers’ specification(s)
- Produce PPAP documentation to customers’ specification(s)
- Prepare internal IPIRs according to customers’ specification
- Ensure incoming goods are inspected to the required standard
- Ensure that the Inspection Department is maintained to a high level of cleanliness, and that all equipment is adequately maintained
- Manage and plan the tool calibration requirements
- Manage and oversee customer-supplied calibration tooling requirements
- Utilising software packages as appropriate (for example IMSXPress, Visual FAIR) to enter and maintain documented records
- Attend training courses as necessary to accommodate the needs of the business
- Perform appraisals for any direct reports, and identify and assist HR department with any performance management, updating ISO competency grades and recruitment requirements as and when appropriate
Competitive Salary on offer
24 days annual holiday entitlement, plus all Bank Holidays
Company Pension scheme
Bonus Referral Scheme
Apply with an up to date CV.