As a Procurement Specialist in Electrical Projects, you will assist in selecting key suppliers and sourcing materials for various projects. Your role includes benchmarking products to ensure optimal acquisition costs, leading supplier negotiations, and developing strong supplier relationships.
You will monitor supplier performance, strategically plan purchases, verify deliveries, and manage returns. Additionally, you’ll play a key role in achieving departmental objectives like cost reduction, supplier consolidation, and effective stock management, while ensuring all materials meet quality standards and project specifications.
In addition, and just as importantly, embrace our Company Values and adopt these values in dealings with our customers, suppliers and employees:
- Be self-motivated, driven, flexible, organised, focused on success and have a desire to achieve.
- Computer literate;
- Experience in electrical building services is an advantage;
- Converse in Microsoft suite of software;
- Good negotiation skills
- Proactive approach/self-starter;
- Be commercial-minded.
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Work well under pressure
- Be able to plan their own workload and manage the unexpected
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative
- Enjoy a variety of roles
- Report directly to Directors
Supplier and Contract Management:
- Assist the contract’s managers in the selection of key suppliers and sources.
- Leading/supporting supplier negotiations as required to achieve the above. This will include technical partnership contract development and implementation.
- Develop relationships with each supplier to ascertain best procurement route for each supplier.
- Reviewing and comparison of subcontractors and suppliers quotations, and advising the team of the best market offering. Encourage and develop wherever feasible negotiated agreements with supplier and manufacturers.
- Build and maintain relationships with key suppliers to ensure the best prices, service and product.
Cost and Quality Control:
- Benchmarking of all products within the given area to ensure best total acquisition cost is achieved.
- Strategic planning for purchasing reporting on budget, cost down actual against target, current projects status.
- To play an active role in achieving departmental objectives such as; cost reduction targets year on year, supplier reduction and improved stock management.
- Ensure quality and performance of materials fall in line with acceptable standards.
- Consolidate purchases of materials to achieve maximum economic benefit.
- Study and analyse markets to make recommendations of possible specification changes which would represent savings without detracting from quality requirements.
Procurement and Stock Management:
- Secure the best deals for each project.
- Continually monitor suppliers’ performance for measuring delivery and quality.
- Verify and cross-check items ordered against items delivered and invoiced.
- Ensure materials are procured in-line with the delivery programme.
- Ensure materials procured are to the clients specifications.
- Identify and “take off” where necessary materials.
- Send out enquiries for appropriate materials, collate and analyze quotations.
- Place orders with suitable suppliers for specified materials.
- In conjunction with the delivery team, progress the delivery of supplies in order to comply with the site building programme. Control stock and utilise during project delivery.
Financial and Operational Adjustments:
- Negotiate returns on items not required or over ordered.
- Advise contracts team costs for budgetary purposes.
- Resolve any discrepancies that may arise between orders, goods received and invoices. Also make a decision on this account and authorize payments.
- Establish, monitor, and ensure payment of negotiated rebate/discounts agreements as allocated.
- Attend site during finishing phases of projects to catalogue redundant materials and negotiate returns.
- Communication and Reporting:
- Inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations.
- Attend Meetings at key stages in order to review general progress on site and to decide on any future action necessary.
- Ad-hoc duties as specified by the accounts and contracting team.
Qualification / Cards:
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English
- Qualification to CIPS or working towards
Our client is a multi-award-winning electrical contractor with over 12 years in the industry. Recognised by numerous industry awards, they excel in electrical engineering across diverse commercial, industrial, residential, and heritage sectors.
What sets them apart is their dedication to positive impact and sustainable practices, striving for a greener future in every project.
Joining our team means being part of a forward-looking company that equally prioritises staff growth and success. We champion talent development, continuous learning, and a collaborative, inclusive culture. Here, your contributions matter, and your professional growth aligns with our high-quality client service.
Be part of our dynamic team, where innovation, sustainability, and excellence are not just ideals, but the essence of our work.
£10000 – £15000 for Junior
£30000K – £45000 for buyer
£45000 – £55000 for senior / manager
The package includes:
- BUPA health insurance via the JIB scheme
- 23 days annual leave plus Bank holidays
For more information or to apply for this vacancy, contact Daniel Davey at 01256 817878 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the application form below.